Do you still sleep naked now that you have kids?

DH and I usually sleep naked. I have not slept with clothes on since I was about 14. Even in college I had a private room except for one semester (during which I did sleep in shorts and a t shirt lol). Anyway, I know this is a silly thing to be concerned with, but I am not sure if I will just shut the door and teach my kids to knock or if I will suck it up and start sleeping wearing clothes. If this is TMI for anyone I am sorry lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Haha! what do you do when you get out of bed? Walk around naked?
    Anonymous

• I still sleep naked. I have my pj's on my bedside table so I can put them on before I get up. I like to be bundled up in my blanket whether it's summer or winter so even if the kids come in they won't see anything. My odest is almost 12 so I've been doing it for a long time. As they get older we've taught them to knock or call us before walking in, which really is a respectful thing to do with our personal area anyway. And we will knock or call before entering their bedrooms, showing them the same respect.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• umm i used to sleep naked..about a week ago i tried to sleep naked again ugh it was so hot ..and i woke up to my 8 month old nearly ripping my nipple off lol..so no i dont sleep naked any longer..i dont think i will anytime soon either lol
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I also sleep naked...well, with panties on. I can't stand sleeping with clothes on...I get too hot and I always like to be covered with a blanket. My daughter is still in a crib, so this is not an issue. I always put clothes on when I wake up, but I shower and change clothes in front of my daughter anyway. I don't see it as an issue since we are both female. Hubby sleeps with a t-shirt and boxers on. If we had a son, I might feel differently.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• We do, but my youngest is now almost 13. I keep a night gown on the floor by the bed just in case and hubby has a pair of sleep shorts that stay by his side of the bed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You were more hot when sleeping naked? That doesn't make sense.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Nope, I could never get into that. It's too cold.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• yes SO and I are part time nudists in the house lol. We have no shame, and our son is only 2. When he gets older, yeah we will be more discrete and ask our son to knock on the door and all.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You were more hot when sleeping naked? That doesn't make sense

Actually it does make sense. Bare skin against bare skin sweats and sticks together from body heat plus air temperature, so it feels hotter. Remember your body is 98.6 and the air isn't usually that hot.

To answer the question, I got a couple of sleep tees, above-the-knee length tee shirts to sleep in. Getting up and down all night long with a newborn made them worth it. I've used them ever since.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have an almost 2 year old and we're still naked all the time, I hate clothes and always have. I'm not looking forward to later years when we have to put clothes on.
    Anonymous