Im 16 & Pregnant...Help Please

Im 16 years old, and before convieving my child, i had sex once, i was 14 at that time and stupid and my dad found out (mother is deceased). He was so upset with me and definitely over protected me. When having sex this time i feel that i am in love and that i can give my baby a great life. But i dont know how to break this to my dad. I hate disappointing him, i just wish he would accept it but honestly i dont think he will. Can any of you just help me figure a way to break this to him in a way that maybe he'll be a little more accepting.
Thank you so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's no easy way to do it unfortunately. You didn't learn your lesson the first time. Just because you think you're in love doesn't mean you will be able to provide your baby with a great life. I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just being real with you. Babies are expensive. This guy you think you're in love with isn't going to stick around once he sees the big "burden" he got himself into. Sit your dad down and tell him. It will work itself out from there. You're going to have to prove yourself to him.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Just be upfront n dont wait too long to tell him. That way you both will have much more time to decide what to do, whether it be keep the baby or adoption. And just for the record, becoming a mother is a lot of work. You dont have the freedom you once had, n you being young it will be hard on your "social Life" so I would really think about it. I know I make motherhood seem like a drag mind you its not when your ready to give up everything for your child.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the above. love is diffrent when your younger we "love" them all then as adults its diffrent more real..its hard to xplain. when i was young i loved so many or i thought i did. now older i see i cared for them but wasent love. not like how it is now. the deed is done and u have to sit and tell your dad u have to talk to him tell him your sorry but heres the situation he might yell and het mad just let him relase and when he calms down he can talk to u and know what ever he says he does love u and wants the best for u. at 16 u cant suport a baby its hard u need help and even if babys dad stays in picyure he might not help out alot or as much as he should. giving u 30 a week for baby isent gonna help with diapers and formula wipes clothes babysitter so u can work or do school.not to mention a social life is not gonna be in your cards. does babys dad know ur pregnant what does he say has he told his parents. cont..
    Anonymous

• u might have to have a group sit down to discuss everything. but tell your dad your sorry and u need to see were he is coming from his lil girl is haveing sex and created a life, but he loves u. best of luck lil girl and please use protection from here on in always. no protection no sex. if the boy cant deal with that hes a jerk. never let them talk to otherwise..
    Anonymous

• I won't tell you that your love isn't real, but you haven't had a chance to see much of the world yet. Do you have a trusted relative or adult friend who can be with you to tell your dad. It might help you feel more comfortable and do it sooner, rather than later. Good luck, Sweetie, you have quite a lot in store for you.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• There is really no easy way to tell a parent that your pregnant at 16 years old. My mother and dad would of killed me. Have you watched the shows 16 & Pregnant??? doesnt that scare you?!? i couldnt imagine being pregnant in high school.... sorry hun but sooner or later he will find out.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You don't have to explain your sex life to anyone.

Your dad is like most dads probably. Dads want to know what the plan is. They don't really hear any of the emotional stuff about being in love or anything. So tell him the plan. Here are some questions most dads have even for their older adult married children.

1. School-- what do you plan to do to finish high school?
    2. Money-- how are you going to afford the baby and medical needs?
    3. The father-- is he in the child's life? What will his contribution be to the plan?

That's it. Dads are pretty simple on this sort of thing. It may help you to write out the ideas you have about it. If you start the conversation with, "Hey Dad, I'm pregnant and i want to tell you my plan." He'll listen. There's no arguing about being pregnant. Just moving forward on planning for the baby.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Exactly how do you intend to give your baby a great life? Parents are legally obligated to provide food, shelter, and clothing for their children. If you really think you can provide these things for your child at this time in your life, then just explain to your dad exactly how you are going to do this. If your plan sounds logical he shouldn't have a problem with it.
    futureshock

Answer by futureshock at 5:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• ppl on here our a bunch of bs I was 15yrs old when I got preg. and the same day I found out was the same day I told my parents my dad was dissapointed abd my mom was too that same night they accpeted it and said their wasent anything left that they could what's done is done I was in love with my child's father we had been together for 1yr we kept our baby girl now I am 19yrs old we have been together for 5yrs we our on our 3rd child we have our own house and our vehicles our paid for he works for the goverment and were doing great so I think any teen can become a resposible parent and their should be no reason why you should not tell your father.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• babycakeschris, I have to disagree. Not any teen can become a responsible parent. There are too many out there who think the world revolves around them and that having a baby won't change anything. After the baby is born, they leave it for their own parents to take care of while they continue to lead the normal teenage life. And just because your baby's father stuck around and you've built a great life for yourself doesn't negate the fact that the majority of teenage fathers bail at some point.

OP, I agree with what the others have to say. Come up with a plan and just sit down and tell your father. If you think he's the kind would absolutely insist on an abortion, you can wait until you're in your second trimester to tell him. I gurantee he's going to be disappointed, but if he's any decent kind of father, he'll support you through it.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 6:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2010