Does any body else live with a DEAF husband! ugh

This loving wonderful husband of mine has the TV volume up so loud that I can't even think straight. It's a constant battle of me asking him to lower the tv and him getting angry because he likes/needs it loud. He's only 32 and has no hearing problem that I know of! What is with him?!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My SO too!! And don't even try to talk to him when he is watching tv lol he is like a zombie
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my hub is the same way and he's the same age! lol maybe it's one of those things that they like the theatre feel haha....I always just turn it down! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My SO is the same way!! When he is not visiting, I keep the television volume down to a comfortable level, but when he's here, he has it up really loud. I ask him all the time, "Are you deaf or something??"
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• LOL my hubby is the same way.....sorry had to laugh.....i always say what are you deaf? I am always saying can you turn it down....Im lucky I watch a show alone or let alone hear a word they are saying.....maybe we should try turning it up so block at all other noises! :)
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my friend is the same way- she wears headphones so she doesn't bother her husband!!
    Anonymous

• My husband is like that. But he only just turned 26. He's actually been told it would be good for him to get hearing aids because he is literally that close to being deaf. Lightning strikes screw things up bad.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I'm the one with that problem. LOL!
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• OMG my DH is the same way! My parents are living with us and we have 2 young children. I'm always afraid he's going to wake somebody up. He BLASTS the tv so much that I can hear it downstairs. It can be past midnight and he still has it up loud. We have a constant battle on the volume. I turn on the CC so I don't have to put the volume on too loud.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that kittyhasclaws!
    Dh doesn't turn the tv up too loud because he gets migraines however when the tbs on he doesn't hear a word I say! My proble
    is turning his music up soooo loud in the car that everything rattles!!! Our poor dd sits with her hands over
    her ears half the time. I hate it!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my uncle is like that, my husband is deaf in one ear
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 2:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2010