Going thru coffee withdrawal sucks

I normally drinks 1 cup in the morning then drinks tea thru out the day. It has been a week that I haven't had any caffine and I'm feeling dizzy, light headed and headaches all the time. I'm extremely tired and eats all the time, it's like 70s outside and I don't even feel like going out. I feel horrible and fat and I'm only 4 or 5 wks. Does this feeling go away?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it goes away...can take a few weeks to work through the 'withdrawl" but remember tea has caffeine in it too and if its sweet can have a lot of sugar. You'll pull through, even if you dont feel like going out just do it and eventually you'll forget about the coffe...try coffee flavored candy that helped me.
    Anonymous

• it does go away but the road getting there is not fun at all...it is safe to have one caffeinated beverage a day. that won't hurt the baby at all
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yes, it does. I did that when I was pg with my first. I quit the caffeine as soon as I realized I was pregnant. It does get better. Drink lots of water. I also was able to drink milk when pregnant, something I can't do non-pregnant. Hang in there!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• you kno, u dont have to stop the coffee all together. u can have ur usual cup in the morning. its not going to hurt. jus limit ur caffeine intake throughout the day to maybe 2 cups. u can also drink tea caffeine free-which i drink sometimes too-sweeten it with a lil honey and ur good.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• A cup or two of coffee a day isn't going to harm your baby. And as far as your tea goes, go to sfherb.com and buy some red raspberry leaf, nettle, dandelion leaf, oatstraw, and lemon balm. Let it steep overnight or at least 4 hours for greatest efficacy. Use 2 parts raspberry leaf, and one part of each of the other herbs. Drink about a quart a day of this; it's highly nourshing during pregnancy and red raspberry leaf is well known to help tone the uterus and make labor and delivery faster and easier. If you need to, you can sweeten it with honey.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 6:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• yes, after the first trimest it goes, then comes back at the third... at least for me it did. But I didn't stop coffee, just cut back.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You do know you dont HAVE to cut out caffeine right?
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Your coffee intake of one cup a day is fine. Replace some of the tea with water and you're good to go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2010