Do you open birthday presents at the party?

When I was a kid presents were always opened at the party but the first 2 I took my son to they were not. Is it an age thing? They are 2. Or have things just changed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• We open at the party. I expect it but don't really care if it doesn't happen.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I always open during the party. I have never been to one that they didnt. I think it is rude if you dont open them during the party
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 3:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I would have had my 2 yo son open his on his 2nd bday, but hes usually worn out so much that hes cranky..so i just take them home an let him open then once hes rested. same thing thats happend his 1st party. hopefully party#3, he will be able to hang
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I think it would be kinda rude not to to open presents. My sons 1st bday party is coming up, I think i may ask my IMMEDIATE family who we see all the time to give my son his gift before or after the party so there are not soo many to open during the party. I think as they get older they are more excited to open and the process will move more quickly.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2010