No menstrual cycle since 2006 then i wake up yesterday and bam...Aunt Flo...

I haven't had a menstrual cycle since 2006 before I became pregnant with my 1st son. After he was born I had the normal discharge and then nothing. The same thing happened while pregnant with my second son. Got the regular discharge after birth then no menstraul. I just assumed it was because I was breastfeeding them. So Monday of last week me and my husband had sex and he ejaculated inside of me, we don't want anymore children right now so we took the Plan B pill. Then I wake up yesterday and my cycle is back. Does this mean that maybe my hormones were inbalanced and taking the pill maybe fixed something?. IDK. Its just kind of weird to me. What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Health

• Not sure what might be going on, but if you aren't having a cycle at least every 3 months you need to see your OB/GYN and get a prescription for something to bring on a period. I went for years having 1 to 3 periods a year, and I didn't realize my body needed to be having periods. I have a prescription for progesterone which I take if I don't have a period at least every 3 months. Also, be aware that you CAN get pregnant while having very irregular periods; your chances of conceiving are a lot lower, but it can happen (it happened to me). If you really don't want to get pregnant you should use some sort of birth control.
    Anonymous

• Could just be the huge dose of hormones in Plan B that caused your period. You need to talk to your doctor about maybe getting on birth control so you can have a regular cycle. Also, make sure you don't use plan B everytime you have unprotected sex. It is not meant to be birth control. Use some other form of protection.
    Anonymous

• Go get your thyroid checked out asap.
    Anonymous