Do you think its ok to use curse words?

For me I think its ok to curse if it not used to insult anyone. I try to watch my mouth around kids.
I use for GD it- god bless america and fudge and sugar
i liked joe biden cursing about health care

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• hell know that is fucking ridiculous idea what kind of shitty concept is that?

jk.... I try to avoid using foul language in all company... 

Anonymous

• no not know
    Anonymous

• I don't like swear words, but I say them occasionally if I'm upset. I thought it was very unprofessional for Biden to cuss like that and made me lose a lot of respect for the whole administration.
    Anonymous

• i try not to swear. when i hear other people swearing it sounds uneducated to me. I use JC sometimes, but whether that's a swear or not is debatable.

Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 3:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i wouldnt say its okay or not okay...to me its more about how often one uses curse words. if every word out of someones mouth is a curse word, i think less of them and it offends me. but if someone hurts themselves or is super angry and lets some words fly, im okay w/ it.

personally, i cuss at least once a day, but i need to stop. i dont want my DD thinking those words are okay all the time, so im working on not using them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I really really try to watch my language around my girls but yesterday I let it all out!! I was waiting for this lady to finish putting stuff she bought in her van(she was blocking the free parking spot). Instead of putting the cart on the curb she put in the empty spot and got in her car and left!!! I started yelling at her, I know she couldnt hear what I said but my kids heard the brunt of it....That was just the cherry that topped the end of a very long day and I am glad that woman left because I would have dragged her fat ass out of her van and told her lazy ass to take care of her cart!!
    Anonymous

• Words are words and almost all are acceptable in some situations. I use plenty of so called "cuss words" and so does my daughter. I taught her from an early age to gauge conversations, people, and situations to avoid offending people with her choice of words & I believe that is the only relevant lesson to teach children.
    Anonymous

• If thats your thing thats your thing. I would try not to use it in front of kids of course. You cannot blame them when something happens and they yell F**K!!..... They learned it from the person they look up to.

I know I curse like a sailor. Learned it from my mom. I have also learned to curb the cursing around my kids with thier help of course.
    My oldest will scream like he is in pain when I curse. As to shock me a bit to let me know what I said. I am not "allowed" to cay crap. I can say crud lol. I cannot say the F bomb but I can say FRESH. No more damn... Dang . No more sh*t. SHIP
    Oh and yes Mutha****er. Yeah thats a no no I can say SNEEDLE DEEDLE

so you can imagine how wierd in sounds in here when I wanna curse...or when I'm stuck in traffi

"You stupid SNEEDLE DEEDLE. What the FRESH are you doing. Ahhh DANG IT. This SHIP is realy starting to piss me off"
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have had answers and question deleted by cafemom because of curse words so I guess its not ok in the world of cafemom
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure if's it's okay by some people's standard, but I think it's necessary sometimes.

I talk like a sailor, especially if I'm mad or fired up about something. I tend to watch what I say in public, around my kids, grandparents and inlaws. But my husband is making bets on when the first call from the principals office will be for him swearing.

I will never say the N word, or any slurs that may offend others.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2010