Unemployment Question

Ok so my bf has been on unemployment for 8 months due to being laid off, well he just got a job a few days ago, so my question is, does he just stop filling out the claim forms for unemployment? He's not going to get his frst check for awhile so we still need the unemployment until his first check comes. Also I know if you only work part time you still can get a portion of your unemployment you just have to fill in how many hours you worked on the claim, so is this what he should do? I'm lost on what to do, I know he needs to report that hs working, I just dont know how or when

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• He absolutly better report it or he will have to pay back that money. Thats just what I was told.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• The claim form specifically asks if he has found a job and if he has worked whether he was paid or not. Fill out the claim form and mail it in. If he just doesn't mail in the form then he'll get nothing and they'll close the claim. Fill it out - send it in.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• He needs to file to claim his weeks the next time he's supposed to do it, and it will ask him if he's working. When he fills that in, they will determine if he's still eligible for any partial benefits or anything like that, and let him know if he should continue to claim weeks or not. He definitely needs to report the fact that he is working, b/c they will find out, and he will get in a lot of trouble if he didn't tell them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• The claim form asks if he has worked and when he says yes then he gets different questions to fill in and from there if he may get partial payments or no payments anymore.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2010