anyone else not vaccinate your child? this is a 'help me' question for you!

so i have a 20mo old.. and the only shot he has received was the vitamin K at birth. I now have to start the later series of shots, so he can be accepted in daycare, school etc. I am not doing all the shots, just the necessary ones. So, what shots did you guys give your children? I wanted an idea for when i go to the pediatrician this week... please? thanks!!

sweetmama8

Asked by sweetmama8 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look up the shot package that was given to children before 1993, that is the best way to go in my opinion. It is the add-ons that they started giving them after that time that I find questionable.
    Anonymous

• What state do you live in? All states have exemptions, your child does not HAVE to be vaccinated to attend daycare or school (as long as they are publicly funded, private ones have freedom to make their own call in this regard). Personally, besides the few given before I started my research, my children will not be receiving any vaccines at all, ever.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• First look up your state and see what exemptions you can get before getting any vax. Mine went to daycare and never received any here in PA. If your state only has a medical exemption then I would recommend only giving the ones required to get into school and then spreading them out every 3-6 months getting ONE shot at a time until you catch up.
    Anonymous

• My child attends daycare and I filled out an exemption form. She had vaxxs up to 6 mos before I stopped. My next baby will not have any, and both children will also attend public school. I live in CT.

All but two states have some form of exemption: personal, religious, medical, or a combination of those three.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• We have an exemption filled out for our son. He got the first series of shots and reacted badly so we have not had him do anymore.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• We just submitted an exemption. You can post on the Choosing Not to Vaccinate group and we can figure out what you need to do to file an exemption in your state.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Exemption. No need to get the shots if you feel they aren't right for your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2010