Does anyone else find it fascinating that a movie based on Pagan Mythology opened on Easter Weekend??

I mean Clash of the Titans. I'm going to see it tonight and just realized this was Easter Weekend... So I thought that was a little ironic seeing how the majority of the people who will see it this weekend are most likely Christian... Hmm...

Anyways, enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• wow I didnt know what that movie was based on..now I have to see it!!
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Not that big of a deal. It is a movie. Just like if some jesus movie came out this weekend it would still not be that big of a deal.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You never saw the original? I grew up watching the original and can't wait to go see the remake, although to be honest I don't think it will be better, just more advanced. If you are familiar with Greek Mythology at all the story about Perseus is what this movie is based on... Good read... Great movie!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Kind of ironic.

I plan on seeing it but not this weekend. I loved the old Clash of the Titans and have been looking forward to it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Enjoy your weekend also! :)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Ack! I didn't know it was out this weekend! Thanks for the reminder.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I think though if a movie about Jesus came out Easter Weekend it would be a huge earner... In fact didn't Passions come out over Easter? Or am I wrong? That would be the only reason anyone went to see that abomination!

I just found it amusing that a Nation full of Easter celebrating Christians are going to a movie full of Pagan Gods and beliefs... That's all... Irony... nothing else

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• No, not everyone celebrates Easter. And you must live in your own little bubble if you think everyone is a Christian.
    Anonymous

• LOL That's funny! Can't wait to see that on!!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i think you are reading way too much into it.
    Anonymous