Could my daughter have gotten 3-day measles from the MMR vax?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Health

• call the Dr, don't ask that crap here.
    Anonymous

• It's possible. My little guy got chicken pox real bad after getting the vaccine for it.
    Call your doctor, or better yet, take your daughter in to be seen.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• CALL the doctor. If she does have measles, the office will want to know ahead of time to put her in a separate room so that she doesn't spread it to anyone else. It is unlikely that she got the measles from the MMR shot, she probably had a rash from the shot. Also, NO shot completely stops the disease, shots are meant to lessen the effects of the disease and help stop the spread.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I only asked here since the ped. on call refuses to answer the phone! I know bashing people for every little thing is probably the only joy you get out of life, but please try to find a new hobby! NightPheonix, thanks for your help. If exposing her to numerous other things were not a risk I definately would, but the E.R. staff will probably look at me like a fool since she has no fever just a few small bumps. I asked if it could be the vax since she got it last week.
    Anonymous

• tyfry7496 even if I do take her in tonight, but that would only be the case if she spikes a fever, it would do me no use to call the ped. ahead of time since he refuses to answer the phone. Thanks for your help though.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the MMR is a live vaccine, meaning your child gets the live viruses (measles, mumps, and rubella), same as with the FluMist vaccines and varicella (chicken pox). Just keep an eye on her, give her lots of fluids, but if she becomes lethargic definitely rush her to the doc. Measles is not a scary disease, vitamin A definitely helps when dealing with it.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 6:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Of course. Your child could get ANY disease they are vaccinated when they use a live viruses.
    Anonymous

• Thanks to the positive supportive answers ladies. I did call the ped. on call at another hospital and he said that if she spikes a fever to bring her in if not just let it run the course. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry. I will say that it is possible, but I doubt it. If it was last week, as in over 7 days ago, I would think the spots would have shown up by now. I say this to ease your mind, you should still get it checked, but it isn't very likely.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• MMR is a live virus and can cause cases of measles or mumps or rubella. Vaccines are also not 100% but if there is no fever or other symptoms then the bumps then I would just wait until Monday and call the ped then. Bumps can be soooooo many things.
    Anonymous