Is there a DVD that teaches kids how to play tennis?

My kids have expressed an interest lately in playing tennis, and I don't know how to play and neither does my husband. Is there a DVD that will help teach them the fundamentals?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 6:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure, but you know what does help? My kids LOVE it....the Wii games. It helps with the hand eye and learning the scoring. Then you can see how much they really like it.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• have you tried youtube.com yet? it seems to have a video for everything
    Anonymous

• I didn't even think about the Wii!!! Thanks!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I'd look to see if your town or city offers different activities. Our city offers different sports and things for kids to play - Tennis for sure is one of them, so maybe your town or city will offer similar classes.
    Anonymous

• The Wii doesn't teach the rules of the game, but it does teach them how to swing. There are books that you can buy that teach the details.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i was also gonna reccomend the wii sports one (probably came with the wii when ya bought it), because not only can ya play and have fun, but it has a training section for each sport, when you have to like hit certain spots on a wall, keep it in the court, etc..so much fun!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Check with your local parks and recs. I bet they offer a class but if you are set on the DVD idea then I think the PP is right. Youtube may be the way to go. I think they would get a lot more from classes though sine there will be someone to correct basic mistakes and help explain things that may be just skimmed over on videos. It would be much more personalized.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2010