Cat drinking water?

Does anyone else have a cat that refuses to drink water out of a bowl? My cat only drinks running water out of the faucet. She's so spoiled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pets

• The cat I had growing up would only drink water out of a cup that had to be on the bathroom counter.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• OP here- she will drink out of my husband's water glass at night. But other than that, it's running water or nothing. She's even tried to drink out of the toilet.
    Anonymous

• Mine would only lick water off the sides of the tub after a shower.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• mine will drink toilet water and water out of your glass,but not their bowl.Apparently pee flavored water tastes better than bowl water!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yuck, maybe get one of those water bottles for rabbits, then maybe he/she won't lick the faucet where humans get their drinking water... Cats have millions of germs in their mouths, not to mention they are standing in their poo/pee in the litter box, then on your counters, omg, that's just nasty.
    Anonymous

• Yep, I had cats that preferred running water and would sit at the sink and meow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yes mine does this! I am going on vacation and had to buy one of the Fountains so i know she would be getting enough water...I wouldnt want to tell the sitter...you have to run some water so she can drink it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Anon :52, where does it say she licks the faucet? She drinks the running water! She literally drinks from it like a fountain.
    Anonymous