Easter

I don't believe in Easter, because it is TOO commercialized and the message that is supposed to be sent is no longer there. I am not exactly a spiritual or religious person but I don't think it's right to lie to my kids and say that the Easter bunny is real, I think the same about Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. Am I a bad parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• No, I chose not to lie to my kids either. We do celebrate the holidays but not in a secular way.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Your choice to feel that way.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• There's no lie in having a fun day with your kids.... They know where all of their treats come from, and it's more of a celebration of everything new, the blooms, the warm sunshine, being together, etc...
    It's a shame to look at things in such a narrow minded way. We don't do the god thing, but we do have a fun day as a family...
    Anonymous

• Nope. As long as your kid isn't blowing it for my kid I'm good :0) There was a kid in my sons class (K) who told him that Santa and the tooth fairy weren't real. I wish I had been there.
    Anonymous