Is gymboree worth the money?

Does anyone here take there little one to gymboree. My son is almost 6mos, and i would like to have him around some other babies. They offer a free class so i wanna check it out. It is $300 for the spring session. So i would love to have some insight from other mommies before i pay all that cash. As of right now i live somewhere where i don't really know anyone, and i thought maybe taking my son to classes it might also be a way for me to get to know some people. Any information you guys have would be incredibly welcome thank you.

ashthecat

Asked by ashthecat at 7:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my son in the program and met some pretty awesome moms and it was worth the money in my opinion, because me and my son made new friends.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 7:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Our public library has a story time for infants and it's free. Though, I've never gone. But that is another way you could meet other mom's and babies. If you breastfeed, by attending La Leche League meetings you will meet other moms and babies. That's where I go. Our LLL group has playdates on the weeks they don't have meetings. Sorry, I didn't really answer your question, just wanted to add some other ideas for ways to meet other moms and babies.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You can call your local City Parks and Recreations Department - they usually have classes that are similar to those offered by gymboree, but MUCH less expensive!

Answer by missanc at 8:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2010