What would you do if you found your 2 young children had put the pet in the toilet ...

and then the oldest peed on the pet?
What's an appropriate discipline or reaction to this occurrence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Stacie says "what kind of pet?" LOL is there any kind that is acceptable to pee on?

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• what kind of pet?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• how old are they?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• What kind of pet? I think if the pet is still alive, I would make them clean the pet....and be responsible for it for a few weeks. Or maybe even consider getting rid of the pet...if they can't treat it with respect...then they don't deserve it.

Anonymous

• 4 and 5 years old. Pet cat about 6 months old
    Anonymous

• LOL

Punishment:Find the cat a new home.If they cant respect it they shouldn't have a pet..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I would spank them and put them in the corner (5 mins). I would also take away TV privilidges.
    Anonymous

• 4 and 5 should know better.. Find the cat a new home before they kill it. My brother did that when he was that young, he threw my cat in the washing machine while it was running. Then a few weeks later he dunked it in paint, the cat survived. I was so sad I had to find a new home for it before he killed it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• ask why? then based on answer have a long talk about respect and make them responsible for the pet (even more so than usual).
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 10:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Often small children don't know why they do something. In the discipline class i took at the local college they tell you to never ask a child why ...because they rarely understand their own actions.

They already shared 90% of the responsibility for the cat. Including cleaning the litter box.
    Anonymous