what to buy?

What do you buy a fourth-time mom who just had an emergency c-section? Or better what do you bring to her in when you visit her in the hospital?

NalimalanisMom

Asked by NalimalanisMom at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• You can get her an outfit for the newborn. Or when she gets out you can go to her house and help her out with the baby, or help do some house chores.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• http://www.bellybandit.com/index.aspx(or somthing like it..HELPED so much)
    and a tunic Dress.Also a pair of mother hood jeans will FULL belly support.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Maybe some lotions or bubble baths or salts. Something to help her relax. Maybe ask if she needs anything?
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 10:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Oh and scar cream They should have it at babies r us :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

SHE will not be able to bathe for 6-8 weeks.For use after that would be fine..She can Shower tho.Just cant soak.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I would skip the hospital and let her rest. Then I would cook some meals that could be frozen and go visit her at home with the meals you prepared for her and her family. Make arrangements to take her 3 older children for an afternoon so she and the new baby could get some rest. Get some other friends together and at the 2 week period clean her house. That is the best baby gift I recieved after baby #4.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 2:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Organize meals for her. A friend did this for me when I had my first c-section. She contacted several of our friends and asked everyone to prepare a meal. SHe organized who would deliver when so I didn't have to cook. It was awesome!
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 10:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Best thing to give a mother of 4...time. Take the other 3 children for a day or overnight visit. Take cooked meals to the family. Clean the bathroom, run the vaccum, do her laundry while she is in the hospital so the house is clean when she comes home with the new baby. What better gift for any mother?
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2010