what do you do?

i live with my parents while I am in school. i am trying to save money so i can buy a house rather then rent went i go to school states away. the problem is my brother is .. a lot of things that are not good. what am i supposed to do when i hear him stealing from my parents. idk what is with him/his generation but he curses and calls me whatever name comes to mind. If i choose to try to stand my ground in any way there will be threats of violence... my mother says this is normal so doesn't do anything.. he stole 100$ in one time once. her entire furniture payment. there is apart of me that is afraid to leave my parents. my brother trashes everything he touches.. he hangs with older kids. there are drugs. because of me and my son he keeps his drug use to other places... i don't want to come back home to find drugs in my parents house. the one funny part is people talk about Me being the black sheep. uh hu

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like your parents are classic "codependents" and "enablers" of his drug use.

Maybe find some literature or info for your parents on those terms so they can learn how they are harming your brother more than helping.
    Anonymous

• i have a brother in law that is headed in the wrong direction and I have never understood why kids do the things that they do now a days. so i decided to talk to him one day, like seriously see what level he is on and i explained to him that he doesn't understand that the little things that he does now will F him up later on. I really let him see how serious i was and i wasn't afraid of him. I will fight a mofo in a minute if i had to even if he was just my brother in law. I think that since you are his actual biological sister you have a moral right to correct him while it is still fresh, because the longer that it goes on the more he thinks that it is alright and ok to keep doing what he does. You need to get dirty in the facts, if you keep doing this you gonna go to jail and no one is going to bail your butt out cause you keep stealing our money, you wanna fight BRING IT!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my mom is a CNA. and has worked in the psychiatric part of our local hospital.. she did that for Years. she saw stupid horrible things... woman trafficking from the big city to ours before they were taken home or where ever they were placed. as i understand what happened is she knows exactly how bad she is but she just doesn't have enough mental strength to fix the situation? our father nearly died a year ago... he got better and survived but she has never been the same. before that my brother was really hard to concieve and got babied a lot because of it.. really hard like it took 7 years after me to conceive him.
    Anonymous

• khm. I have. the last notable time i let him drink with me. i got the info on how far into he was.. he trusted me that night and i was not the enemy... the drinking made him easier to handle. i told him he was f**in up and how he was hurting those who are around him. he wants to move out when he is 18.. dropped out of regular high school and got into a high school for unintelligent youth so he could graduate faster.. he is a very smart kid. he knows there is the likely hood he could die.. we all do. i wont fool myself and think that everything will get better... i will not fight there is no point to fighting someone who doesnt care
    Anonymous

• sad to say, but for the safety of your son, I think it would be wise to get your own place. It is really difficult to parent self destructive teen boys and I can in some ways understand why your Mom & Dad won't have the argument with him. As easy as it is for us to say what ur Mom should do, we are not the ones who will have to face his anger, words and possible violence. Drugs and alcohol make him a volatile and unpredictable person, perhaps ur Mom already knows that. You can't make him see reason, teens get plenty of education about drugs etc, so he is choosing to ignore the danger, not ignorant of it.
    If you can, find somewhere for you and ur son, and let him see that even though uncle *-* behaves this way, you will not tolerate it it in your home.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I am gonna assume that your parents are adults and they can do what they want with their kids. I would feel bad too but you can not tell them what to do unless they ask you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You cannot fight for him he has to and right now he does seem to want to do this. Worthless in the state he is in. He has to want it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010