How dirty do you let your toddler's shoes get? Do you clean them?

dirty shoes, toddler, clean

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wanna know cuz my son literally has like a spot on his and today I saw a boy with the exact same shoes and they were filthy. i mean like caked on dirt. like once white now brown forever
    mommyofone740

Answer by mommyofone740 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• OMG. You have way too much time on your hands. Wait until you have more kids. Clean your kids shoes? Seriously? Only if they are muddy...just brush 'em down and let them loose to play in the mud again.
    Anonymous

• well i mean the bottom might be kinds dirty but the part you can see is very nice
    mommyofone740

Answer by mommyofone740 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My kids are in the mud WAY too much to worry about how clean I can get their shoes. They have "school" shoes that are cleaner than their "play"shoes but still not spotless. For example , today we went to the pond to catch tadpoles and my son (3) walked in the water and mud around the edge. After we got home I set his shoes out to dry and then hit them together to get the now dry mud off--and that is as much as I am going to clean them. I have way to much to do and my kids have way to much fun to have to worry about dirty shoes.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I don't or if I do I do what the others have said. It's no big deal here.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• We clean them with a rag and soapy water every morning before she puts them on. If we don't she does it herself. We like to take care of her stuff.
    BklynGirlinSI

Answer by BklynGirlinSI at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• when the shoes get dirty, more than what can come off in a quickbrush off, then we throw them in the washer. He is a boy and he is getting into things that I dont care to have tracked around on my floors so I try to keep his shoes semi-clean.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I let them get as dirty as they can get when she is outside playing...a lot of the times that includes muddy. However, I will take them off of her before we go in and hose them off, let them dry and clean them....I don't want muddy floors either. When I see people like that, it makes me wonder what their houses look like. I have 4 animals who live inside too and my house and floors is spotless. no excuse to be a slob except laziness.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My kids have one pair of sneakers for "play-time" especially outdoors. They can get these as dirty as they want! Then they have there nicer sneakers that are just to wear if we go out, and their "church" shoes for nice occasions.

If you only give a kid one pair of shoes they are gonna get ruined. There is really no way around it, they're kids!
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I let my kids get their shoes dirty. I don't care. If the shoes are really dirty or muddy, then I will take them off when we get home and we are not going aoutside again that day. I let the mud dry and knock it off, then I run th eshoes through the washer and drier. I have carpets and don't want mud on them
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 7:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2010