Do you know anyone who has kicked a meth habit?

Hope you can tell me how. Not for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Health

• Rehab.
    Simple as that.
    Not trying to be rude, but there is NO other way.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• DH did. He was addicted to Meth, Herion and Weed. He did it cold turkey. I dont know how he did it but it really strained our relationship. We had only been going out for 3 months and when he completly cut it off he would get really mean and he was tired all the time. He is always telling me I saved his life and hes glad that I made him choose between the drugs or me. He completly cut all his friends out of his life and any one that had any thing to do with drugs. Hes been clean for 4yrs now.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• She's been there twice. But thx.
    Anonymous

• No, I know a girl that stops but every 2 years or so she gets rgight back on it and doesnt stop again til she gets thrown in jail for possion. Kills me to know she has a baby and another on the way too.
    Best bet would be rehab and there is nothing rude about that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Using meth is not just a habit its an addiction and a disease. A individual will always be an addict, but rehab can be beneficial as it teaches people to live their lives without it.
    Anonymous

• My cousin continues to go to drug classes. you don't just go to rehab and then graduate and never go back. Recovering is a life long process. My aunt STILL calls herself a recovering drug addict and she's been sober for probably about 15 years now.

She needs to disassociate herself with the friends she has that do those things. Even if it means moving out of state.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Hmm, if rehab hasn't worked have you tried an intervention? My mom is a horrible meth addict, and she too has been to rehab numerous times but no change, just goes right back to it. The person has to WANT the change. Because to them, they don't think they are doing anything wrong and that it isn't hurting people. Sometimes it IS a lost cause, but try talking to that person and seeing if they want the change and to quit if they don't then there is nothing that will help them quit.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You cannot help someone unless they are willing to help themselves first. I know first hand because my sister went in and out of rehabs for years (i believe a total of 5 times), but when she decided it was something for her rather then for someone else she thrived.
    Anonymous

• No. Nothing helped.
    Anonymous

• It took my mother having my sister get taken away...I was already gone and living in another town. my mom now has 10 years clean.My sister will be 12 soon.My dad got tired of loosing his teeth and its been 8 years lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2010