raspberry tea

so i've heard recently that raspberry leaf tea strengthens your uterus...how many of you have known this to be true and will one get the same effect from raspberry ice tea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• raspberry ice tea just has the flavor from the berries in it, it doesn't have the rasspberry leaves in it, they are the part that effects the uterus, but I was told not to drink raspberry leave tea while pregnant because it can cause you to go into early labor.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Red raspberry is one of the herbs used in pregnancy and menstration for pain. It is safe for pregnancy, however the raspberry tea you purchase in the stores has no real berries in it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Love Love Love raspberry tea. I love all teas tho so I still drink them all in pregnancy. I would get the raspberry leaf tea and make it liek you would ice tea. Of course you have to make it hot first then cool it off. Still tastes great.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• but did it make your labors shorter and easier?
    Anonymous

• IDK, My second was shorter than my first but my first was 4 days.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i was drinking rasberry tea and it cause contractions my doctor told me it can in some cases induce labor!!!! be carefull
    Anonymous

• I was told not to use it during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• People in India have been drinking it for centuries to tone your uterus. red raspberry leaf tea is just fine. http://www.birthingnaturally.net/exercise/kegel/kegcup.html

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i'm almost in my third tri...i'm not gonna miscarry...and thank you for the link mrs owen
    Anonymous

• Anytime.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2010