having a third child.

Ahh.. man.I have only been trying to decide to have a third child for two months now. I have two beautiful girls, Elizabeth 4, Emma 2. I worried about finances, and one on one time with my kids... I want another child more than anything. . . so why is this decision so hard??! Advice from mothers with 3 children!! PLEASE!

starr2004

Asked by starr2004 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is a personal choice between you and your s/o. It is good (and responsible) to have your way of thinking, though. Planned pregnancies are never a bad thing!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have three kids. What would you like to know and I'll try to be specific.
    Financially- sure, it's harder. We had to move up to a van to fit three car seats. Financially we have another child to plan for as far as college and things like that. However, we are still financially fine with a roof over our head and food on our plates. One on one time with the kids? Not always... I get some alone time with my oldest because he goes to extracurriculars after school and the younger kids generally stay with dh. I get one on one with the youngest when the other two have school. My middle child doesn't get very much one on one time. However, she doesn't seem to mind that much. Out of the three kids she is the most independant. Is it harder with three? Yes, in some ways. However I'm glad I have three- wouldn't trade it for anything!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i dont have three kids but we just decided on having our third child also we decided on it cause we will have them close and they dont cost a lot till their in grade school and buy then you can work....and you will love your children no matter what and you wont pick favorites andyour older kids will understand that baby needs help especially little girls they are so smart and sweet!!!!! good luck i hope i hellped a little bit!
    Anonymous

• yes i have 3 kids. 7, 5 and 3 weeks!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Thank you both Very much for your response! Its just amazing how much harder it is to decide for a third opposed to a first or second. My husband is all for it... but im always the one that has to throughly think things through
    I am also afraid my middle one wont get as much as attention.. you read so much about them feeling left out and so on! But that you guys for ur imputs!
    starr2004

Answer by starr2004 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My husband and i are preg. with our 4th child and are very excited about it, especially since im due in a couple of weeks, but i did have an IUD in place when i became preg with this one. I thought i was done with the 3 wonderful boys i have now, but GOD had other plans for us. We now have to adjust to life with 4 children so we have to get a minivan to accomodate us and 4 car seats since our boys are ages 5, 3 1/2, 23 months and soon to be newborn. We also have to make a decision on how we will have the sleeping arrangements since we only have a 2 bedroom house. There are many big changes that will be comming our way, but we will somehow make a way to make things work. Congrats on being responsible and thinking things through. Im sure you and your husband will make the right choice. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2010