What do you think of the teen mom shows?

Do you feel that there setting a bad trend? That we should have more sex education so that children will be more prepared for that step? Honestly I can't stand teen mom's no offense, but seriously more girls i meet in my line of work do it to keep the man/boy in there life. They do it cause they want a toy to play with. Seriously educate our children so there not running around screwing everyone they meet. ( sorry a little rant and a question.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think it's pretty stupid actually. I would not even watch a show like that for fear I was supporting it in some way. Who really wants something like this? Most of the time the grandparents wind up taking care of the kid because the parents are kids themselves. It's really sad that the world has come to this.
    Anonymous

• Sad that the world has come to this? Teen pregnancy has been going on sense humans have been alive!

I like the teen pregnancy shows. I think they help some kids see what it's like. how emotional and difficult it is. and i do think it helps contribute to the "sex" education.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I watch both 16 and pregnant and teen mom with my daughter. She sees how hard it would be. How these girls have no self esteem. There boyfriends break up with them, say they hate them, and call them bitches and they still beg these guys to come back? I think it's a good way to start conversations with my DD about all these issues. I think she learns a lot from the show and she doesn't think it's cool at all.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I completely agree with outstandinglove response! I have seen the show and just watching it makes me not want to have another. What is it that you hate about teen moms? I was a teen mom and didn't do it to keep my boyfriend I didn't even tell him until I was six months pregnant. I didn't even want to tell him, I was afraid I was going to ruin his life. I didn't purposely get pregnant to have a "toy" I messed up and take care of him the same way you take care of yours. I finished school on time and still managed to work 30+ hours a week all while taking care of my child. I didn't leave him with my parents while I went out. Every time I wasn't at school or work I was with my child. I have always taken pride in being extremely mature for my age. I do however understand why you cant stand some teen moms. There are a few that I cant stand myself and are just very childish. You shouldn't be so quick to judge, there not all the same
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree with Lucy, it shows teens how hard it is and hopefully makes them take precautions in their own lives. I was 18 when I had DS, and it wasn't on purpose at all. My bf and I had been dating about 3 years when I got pregnant so I wasn't EASY and screwing anyone, we were committed and lived each other and decided to lose our V cards to each other, and then the rest is history! I do admit that most teen girls have NO self respect and morals and that's why they are sexually active so young, BUT that's the way they were raised!
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I have seen so many teenagers who thinks having children is a game. I have spoke to there parents who are not only caring for the baby but for there teen. Its very sad I just hope some day girls will realize that they don't need to open there legs to be with someone. They should wait til marriage. But that would never happen and children will be born into familys with mothers who think that there parents can care for there kids.
    Anonymous

• Moms who were teen moms on this site are naturally going to say they're great moms. It's the teen moms who aren't on this site who don't care and have their parents raising their babies. I think the shows are unrealistic. There's so much drama shown. Real life is boring and there's not always someone to complain to.
    Anonymous

• I think it just goes to show how little sex education the kids these days are getting. In one episode, one of the pregnant girl's remarked "It's not like you can really prevent pregnancy." Um WHAT?!? Some parents need to wake and realize not talking about it doesn't mean it's not going to happen.
    Anonymous

• Soryy ^^ it was her friend who said it.
    Anonymous