I've been posting frustrated questions about having a hard time losing some weight...well NOW

I'm down 14lbs - woo hoo! Haha. I kept either staying at my weight of 150 (after losing 8lbs from 158 during my 9 days of diet & regular exercise) or gaining 3-4lbs randomly. Thanks to the girls on cafemom it finally hit me that I wasn't eating enough calories, so my body was storing whatever it could as fat. I'm a model though & had a big event coming up where I had to drop lbs quick to be in this rockabilly fashion show in Vegas. I started the "Master Cleanse" & have went from 153 (there are those awful random lbs that show up for me) to 144 & I'm only 6 days into the cleanse. I'm doing it for 14 days.

I know after this cleanse/fast I know I'll gain some of it back, which is fine. I plan on slowly increasing my cals to 1,500 then continuing w/ that till I start losing weight again. My worry is that since I plan on TTC in June, that I won't be intaking enough cals to conceive. Is that even possible? Thx girls!

ours

Asked by ours at 12:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Ask your doctor for a referral to a nutritionist.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• the American diet consists of 2,000 calories, your not getting enough, you'll starve your body. I'm not gonna lie i cut my calories out and I ended up having a eating disorder. Just watch what you do. And you should really intake more calories because..... it will mess with your period.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• If you're ttc, you have to eat a healthy balanced diet. There's no way around it. Crash diets are SOOO bad for baby and ttc. Any doctor will tell you that. If you're ttc, your minimum intake should be 1800 calories. You just need to make 'em good calories.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 12:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2010