Early labor

So finally went to the hospital..in some SERIOUS pain (coming off the bed with the pain in my back), contractions were 3-6 minutes apart for 5 whole hours!!! (proud of myself for not screaming!!) 2 at home and 3 at the hospital..they kept me for obs. when i got there..since i had a c-section before, and they werent sure how fast i was going to dilate since i was contracting so regularly. Well.. at the end of obs period they sent me home. still contracting. Nurse was SO confused..she told me that my labor had started...that she would prob. see me later that day..but NOPE...ive had the worst contractions and pains..I wasnt in FALSE labor, has anyone had labor START and just STOP. It took me forever (even with pitocin) to dialate with my first, i ended up with a c-section before i even got to 9 cm...!! I feel like Im not going to make it on my own!! im so FRUSTRATED!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's common for labor to start and stop, if you're too tired or hungry, if you're stressed about childcare arragements, your husband getting there, if your body doesn't think you're in a safe environment. There's also a phenomenon called prodromal labor, which is basically labor that starts very slowly and can last upwards of two weeks.
    Try to relax. Try to clear your mind. Try to create an enviroment that gives you a gut feeling of being safe (not what your head says is safe, what your gut tells you is safe). Deal with anything that's stressing you out right now.
    Baby will come, :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yes. Labor can start and then just stop! it happens many times to woman who are in a environment they don't feel 100% safe in! Your body was DESIGNED to make babies. and only your baby knows when it's the best time to come out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• with my 3rd kid that happened to me... thought ut was false labor... realized it was real thing when i started bleeding... got to hospital at 8cm... had him 30 minutes later. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2010