so my boyfriend of 4 yrs just verbally and physically attacked me in front of his friends and my DAUGHTER.

he works full time and pays all the bills and thinks that entitles him to be able to go hang with his friends whenever he wants.recently he has been out at least 2 or 3 times a week at a friends house (was gone last night til 1 am). i work 3 nights a week and had just gotten off when he and his friends picked me up tonight, and the third Q he asked was can he go out and it was already 10:30 and i really didnt want to go home alone so i said no, but he was persistent so i said that i would drop him off and stay with my mother (across town from the club), he gets mad bc his friends are in the car and i "embarrassed" him so he starts cursing at me n calling me names, (im a corny bitch, im controlling him, etc) he dropped his friends off n i got out n told him he could stay with them and i would go to my moms but he wanted my truck. i asked him to get out or get on the passenger, and i reached my phone and he tried to swing at me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• and he tried to grab me and i had to hit him to get him to let me go and i got in my car and he got in the back and he screamed the whole way to his mothers ab how he hasnt been to the club at all and he really wanted to go and HIS FRIENDS HAVE BEEN calling him a punk and etc bc i wont let him go anywhere. he told me that i should be able to see why he hasnt married me yet and that i am trying to stand in his way of success (as a RAPPER) bc he doesnt want to be the manager of a subway forever....etc...i dont understand, he goes out wherever with his friends at least a few times a week, how was i the bad guy here, he slapped me in my face in front of 3 of his friends and one of mine. it is the first time anything like that has happened. in the car he also tried to squeeze my jaws and ended up scratching me from my cheek to my lips im never going back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• wow. ...he's your boyfriend ...you aren't married. ..
    leave him!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yikes! I think it is time to re-evaluate this relationship. If it were me and my man talked to me like that and tried to take a swing at me in front of my child I'd kick his sorry ass to the curb. I will not put up with being treated like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• If you go back, you are sending the message that you will forgive that kind of behavior. Dont accept it, you deserve better. I have been with my fiance for 5 years and we share a son. I PROMISE you that if he even said just those verbally abusive words to me, I would leave in two seconds. let alone the physical abuse. Not only that, but I would press charges.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Oh HELL no...leave that mofo. You can get WAY better.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My 'advice' is this-- dump the jerk!! He had NO RIGHT to hit you and talk to you like that!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• He wins lame guy douche bag of the day award. DROP HIM. He sucks, and obviously cares more about his appearance than his family. Sorry, but I smell loser attitude.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• well guess what? He's a boyfriend! TEMPORARY... Boyfriends are "on trial".. If he can't behave or treat you the proper way while your dating why continue the relationship any further? Dump this loser and move on.. It's better to be alone than to be with someone that mis-treats you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Just the fact that your daughter saw that, that would be it for me! She doesn't need to see that it's ok to treat a woman like that! Or to let a man treat her like that when she's grown! Get out, and find a respectable man!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Dump him, it doesn't sound like he's interested in a relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010