Full time student, full time mommy to 5 month old, part time employee - how to juggle anything else?

Hey, if any of you are full time students, stay at home moms with an infant and work part time... or have been in the past...are you able to manage anything else? How? Who helps, if anyone? Who cleans, if anyone? Just curious...my family didn't understand that I almost opted out of some big Easter celebration just to do my homework... I'll be going, but at what cost? I sure would like a day off, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Your not a stay at home mom if you work and go to school.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• WELL...my school is FT I have 3 kids. I am in a medical radiography program and as with most medical type programs its very demanding and intense. My house honestly a disaster and it makes me cry! My SO works alot...I do not work at this time but have in the past. I managed fine till I started the program! LOL Now its draining and basically I do the best I can day by day. I remind myself why I am doing this and just try my best to do it all. Its hard with a 2,5 and 6 yr old! I believe with motivation we will always make it work but it may not be as perfect as you would like but life won't be this hectic forever! I have to juggle alot and when I am with the kids feel I should study...when I study I feel I should be with the kids! I may not even attend easter dinner because I have to study! So I feel ya there!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i work part time, school full time, mommy full time. but her daddy is also full time daddy and works @ night time so that helps!. im also prego. it is hard but it will pay off. but i think you should go spend time with your fam on easter. even if it is half the time.. it usually worth it! and i clean.. we dont split that and it's not fair @ all! lol
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 1:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Lets see...I go to school full time online, i work about 35 hours a week, I have a 15 month old, and am due within the next two weeks with number two...I have to cook/clean..well SO has been cleaning lately...but i WAS the one taking care of that..and honestly..i dont know how i do it..lol...I am fortunate enough to be able to get some homework done at work..but papers and all get done late night..other than that..it all gets in when i can get it there..i dont tear myself up if my hamper is full of laundry...i make sure my family is fed..and my child is played with...other than that..its going to have to wait!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I'm a fulltime mom who is taking 3 classes, with 3 kids under 3 and is preggo......and has to get a job because my husband has been accepted to nursing school. I don't find it a priority to die over anything...except my kids lol. I raise my kids during the day and do all my homework when they are in bed. I get about 5 hours of sleep a night.
    I manage to barely maintain my home during the day when they're down for naps...and i'll admit, my dd like barney so she'll watch that while eating lunch, and I can do a lot of things at that time. Between playing and such, I do laundry because that's not a horribly time consuming thing (loading and unloading)....but i have to admit, sometimes we live out of baskets lol otherwise the folding is done here and there.
    Although I do get a lot done, my house isn't perfect EVER....dinner isn't always made and I don't make perfect grades. But my family knows I love them, and I pass my classes!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Full time single mom ("Dad" not in the pic a all), full time work, part time school...and no I have no help. I don't do much outsdie of my work and son's sports. Some days I feel the need to commit my self jsut for a full day of quiet. lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2010