Raped? By Obama? One Democrat says yes.

"I feel lied to, cheated and raped."

Roxanne Lewis expressed a similar point of view. A small business owner in Grand Junction, Lewis described herself as a lifelong Democrat and called the president a "phenomenal speaker." She voted for him because she "believed in what he was saying: change."

But, Lewis added, "I should've listened a lot closer when he talked about 'spreading the wealth.' "

Asked how she feels about having voted for the president, Lewis said "I feel lied to, cheated and raped."

Democrats are joining the Tea Party movement. What are your thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/02/democrats.tea.party/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 1:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• exxageration?? maybe...lol
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Guess there are dems with brains that's refreshing!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• "raped." I wonder how many women feel raped because they were secretly in love with him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Feelings are not facts.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• That's because some dems are waking up to the fact that the progressive ideology is not what represents their own.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think that she truly is a liberal and is disgusted with Washington DC. I found a good analogy of American politics on the web the other day. If you're a football fan, you'll like it. American politics used to work from the 40 yard line to the 40 yard line. People were moderate in their beliefs, politicians were moderate in their beliefs and actions, and meeting at the 50 yard line wasn't difficult to do. However, there's been a shift in American politics. Now both sides are sitting at their 10 yard lines, no ones willing to meet at the 50 yard line, the people of this nation are (for the most part) no longer moderate and whoever has "possession" makes the rules.

Cont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My dad is conservative, I'm liberal, but we're able to sit down and discuss politics. He and I are able to "meet" at the 50 yard line on a lot of the issues we face as a country. This is really rare, as most of the time when either one of us try and discuss things with others we are met with hostility. People don't hear how we agree, they hear how we disagree. When this health care bill passed there portions of the bill I did not like. When I attempted to discuss this with a pretty conservative side of my family ALL they heard me say is that I was for UHC, they didn't hear how I didn't like that people were going to be forced to purchase private insurance and that I think the bill, for the most part, benefits private insurance companies instead of the people. It didn't matter that I agreed with them on some things, all that mattered is that I disagreed with them. I have found most people are like this. Cont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I even tried attending a tea party, however was told that because my views didn't align with their own (despite my dislike of the politicians who are currently in office -Republican and Democrat alike) that I wasn't welcome. So I left. If we the people were more united and were willing to see our similarities instead of our differences, we'd stand a better chance of really changing what's going on with our government. But as long as we continue to fight and bicker like our politicians we will get nowhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think she is probably a smart woman who just happened to believe in the good of people (like most)thinking they won't lie every time they open their mouth. Now, I think she is much wiser woman who has faced reality.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2010