how do i know?

hi,
im 17yrs old and i wanted to know if you ladies can help me out. i vwant to know if i can pregnant, but the thing is i dontbknow how to start counting the days. i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he told me he 'came' inswide of me, but the thing is that i had sex with him on the 29th march and i had my period the 9th march, which was the first day. im too afraid to go to the doctor and i dont know whenv i should take a test, i really dont want to wait that long. cant you please help me count down the days so that i can know, or at least tell me what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We can't count the days for you because we don't know your cycle.
    But you can go to the dollar store and pick up a HPT now and it should be able to give you accurate results. ...Or just wait until your expected period.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Day one of your cycle is the first day of your period. A lot of women have a 28-32 day cycle, but some are different. Most women ovulate sometime between day 11 and day 21. Pregnancy hormones can show up on a home pregnancy test in as little as 9 days after conception, but often do not show up until as many as 20 days after.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/understandingovulation.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Are you fairly regular with your period? The only way you could see signs of being pregnant this soon would be if you have a very short menstrual cycle. If you have a regular 28-day cycle or longer, you will just have to wait and see if you miss it. I know it's hard to be patient when you're afraid, but that's better than going to the doctor this soon. You could take a pregnancy test, but it might be too early to show a positive.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• OK I don't know your cycle so I pulled out my pregnancy wheel. If the first day of your LMP was March 9th then you will/would have conceived on March 23rd and you will be able to test in a couple more days on April 6th. This would also make you around four weeks pregnant if you get a positive and your estimated due date would then be December 14. I would say not pregnant due to the sex occuring on the 29th which is well after ovulation. There are only three days in which the egg is good enough to be fertilized. Of course all of this information assumes you have an average 28-30 day cycle and no underlying health issues like a blocked fallopian tube or a partner with a low sperm count.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2010