My Duaghter (8 1/2 months) likes to pull my hair while her and I are sleeping, How do get it to stop??

She sleeps with me at night, But I want it to stop but she can't sleep without me breathing on her and pulling my hair. She likes to start from the roots and works her way all the way to the ends. It sometimes hurts. Sometimes she starts from the roots and pulls really hard; or sometimes covers my nose. And if she is not doing any this she can't sleep at all! And can't let her cry it out in her Playpen, because we live in a Studio Apartment and it will drive my boyfriend and I crazy! Help!

kaylamjackson87

Asked by kaylamjackson87 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Health

• Try to find a doll or something that has hair that she can pull. Or a silk robe or something. If you really want this to stop but don't want to discontinue co-sleeping then you need to replace your hair with something that will provide her similar comfort.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Try to find somewhere else for her to sleep, it is not healthy for her to continue to sleep with you. She will become too dependent on you and will sleep with you for years to come. She needs to have some time away from mommy
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 3:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• CIO is the only thing that worked for my dd when she was 13 months and I needed her in her own bed. It was incredibly difficult for me at first but my desire to have our bed back was strong! So we started a bed routine of bath, book, bed so that she would grow to expect to be put down instead of shocked when it happened. The first couple nights to my surprise she cried less than 30 minutes. It was hard, but worth it. After a couple days it was down to 10 and after a week she didnt cry at all. I wouldnt change a thing except making the move sooner!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My boyfriend helped me out, and said "Use Mittens or socks" and it really works!
    kaylamjackson87

Answer by kaylamjackson87 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2010