irregular periods + opk + basal thermometer = ?

I have had really irregular periods since I had my mirena taken out in July. I had a periods a few days after it was out. I didn't have another one so my doctor put me on provera and so I had a period in October. I didn't have another one so I took the meds again the beginning of February. Well I have a few questions. One being what else could be causing my irregular periods? My doctor has run blood test and u/s and everything is normal. Also since I am irregular should I even bother with opk and basal temps? Thanks. Any input would be helpful.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 3:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well anytime you stop using BC, it can screw with your hormones. So your body may still be readjusting. I think you should def start temping. But you might want to combine that with CM and CP too. I think it will absolutely help you figure out your cycles. And if you are irregular, that can help give you cues as to when you're going to ovulate and when AF may be on her way. I know many women will recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility (its a book, and I'm horrible, forgot the authors name, its Toni something). I use fertilityfriend.com to help keep track of mycycles. They also have a free onilne course (20 lessons through emsil). Basically articles that help you learn how to chart what to look for and all the stuff in between. They have a paid membership, but you dont have to get it. I use the free version, and it'll still help pinpoint ovulation and everything throughout your cycle. GL momma!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Try Red Raspberries in a pill form or liquid. You can find this in nature stores, or in the Natural remedy section of most stores. They do sell it in a tea form, but its not very potent, just a small trace. My periods were irregular, (3-4 times a YEAR!) and then I took that in a pill form, had my period days later...moved to the liquid form, ( Couple drops in orange juice, taste gross, but down it) Then I got pregnant 3 months later. I had been trying for 6 years! I swear by this stuff. it helps with everything for women and there periods, pregnancy....all that good stuff.
    TinkMoon

Answer by TinkMoon at 1:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2010