Does anyone have a sunshine kids carseat?

I am considering buying two, one for DS and one for DD. But we have a very small car. Its a 2001 Hyundai accent (4 door) and I am not sure how they would fit, DD can be forward facing but DS still has to be rear facing. So if anyone has some info I would love it...thanks!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are going to invest in a SK car seat, it would be dumb to forward face a two year old.

The Sunshine kids Radians have the highest rear facing limits at 40-45lbs. They are excellent car seats, but I did have a bit of trouble fitting one in my Mazda Protege. It works, but just barely. It may not be as much of an issue for you if you and your SO aren't tall, but my husband and I are both over 6' tall so we are a bit squished.

Your best bet would be to find a store that sells them in your area and test them in your car. If that doesn't work you can try others until you find what does work for you.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 6:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I have a Radian XTSL. I think they might fit, but probably only side by side with the rear facing seat center. We have ours rear facing center in our ford focus and because it's so tall I don't think it would fit anywhere else in our small car. BUT the only say to know is to find out...
    I would for sure rear face BOTH seats though.... you might be able to rear face your infant center with a larger incline and rear face your toddler behind the passenger more upright with a little less leg room for the person in front.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree that if you're going to spend the money on those seats, it's useless to NOT RF longer. If you plan on FF your older child, invest in a FF only seat, that has a high harness limit, and then boosters, such as the Monteray, the Nautilus, or the Frontier.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2010