Why do Breastfeeding moms

feel the need to bash and belittle formula feeding moms? Do you really feel the need to put someone down to make yourself look better. Well here's the thing, some breastfeeding advocates actually push people away from it!! Yeah thats right I said it. You do more harm than good. I formula fed, I didn't try to breastfeed, I didn't want to breastfeed and now I want to breastfeed even less!!

mommaplaysbass

Asked by mommaplaysbass at 3:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I totally agree! For me I know at the time when my kids where younger I would've liked to atleast try it. Because of medical reasons I will never be able to BF with any of my kids. And I know some mom's who BF think that some formula mom's make that as an excuse but its real and it happens to many women. Even though I didn't BF I don't feel like I lost bonding time with my son like many of the BF say you only get when you BF. If anything my entire family got to bond together by everyone helping out when my kids where younger. And for me that is alot better than just me bonding with my kids. To give there dad a chance to bond with them as well and see they joy in his face was everything to me. So you BF moms can keep your bonding time
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I dont think its fair to say this just because not all breastfeeding moms are like that. I breastfeed, did with DD too. Do I think I am better than anyone...no. And to be honest I didnt even look into it with DD, I just knew it was cheaper and I stayed home so there really was no reason for me not to, I just didnt want to spend money on formula. I had no clue about the benefits ect. I dont think breastfeeding is right for all moms, IMO if your going to be uncomfortable while breastfeeding than you shouldnt do it. I think all moms should do what is right for them. Stop letting others get to you...just live your life and dont care what others think. This is a two way street though...when I breastfeed in public (covered so you can not see ANYTHING) FF moms, and just people in general have a problem with it. Im not saying you, but there are people on both sides that feel the need to bash...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Not all of us BFing moms are like this. I hate that we are so generalized...pure prejudice. And I also think that no matter what your decision is its ignorant to be pushed away by someone else. Do your research, find out what is best for the baby and go with that no matter what.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I ff but I know not every bf mother is hostile like the ones on here, a lot of my friends were like "I just wanted to try it and it worked". Nobody has ever said I'm a horrible mother for ff my baby until I got on here and while it bothered me at first, I realized it's just insecurities! I tried bfing, but it just wasn't for us! I really don't understand what this big deal is on how to feed your baby... We should really just encourage eachother instead of trying to break eachother down!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Just because the crazy ones are the loudest doesn't mean they're the ones worth listening too. Just ignore them there are plenty of BFing moms that are nice and don't care how you feed your baby and I'm one of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You've really just got to take any bashing on this site with a grain of salt because this site is full of the haters and bashers. Not all BFing moms are like that and as PP said, they shouldn't be generalized in such a way. YOU do what's comfortable for YOU and what you feel is BEST FOR YOUR CHILDREN. There will ALWAYS be debates on how things are done for children. This day and age, 70% of people don't have anything better to do than belittle others to make themselves feel better, but keep in mind, NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THIS. Have fun here!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 6:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• They are right , not all breast feeding moms are like that, even though I read a reply to post earlier where an anonymous poster stated that "Women who do breastfeed are just sick and tired of the lame excuses women give for why they can't or won't." I'm pretty sure no one elected her to speak for them as a whole. I formula feed and I have only experienced the "bashing" on Cafe Mom. Don't let it stress you out too much and remember at least you are feeding your baby.
    TrystansMom314

Answer by TrystansMom314 at 6:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Not all breastfeeding moms are like that, just like all formula feeding moms are running around calling breast feeding moms perverts. Though there are the extreme, militant, or uneducated on each end of the spectrum.

Not only did a nurse, but I nursed my oldest while pg with my youngest, and I did extended nursing. In addition to that, I'm a SAHM, and, yes, I used cloth diapers (most of the time - not all of it). My sister didn't nurse a single day, not a single drop, with either of her kids. She works (she was a single mom for many yrs), and she never used cloth diapers - it was all disposable, all the way for her.

We are both good moms, and both of us have healthy teens. It's called personal choices.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry you have been made to feel so bitter. Breastfeeding is not for everyone and should be a woman's choice. Formula is pushed so much by companies and health care workers give poor information on breastfeeding and make breastfeeding women feel inadequate in feeding their children. Women become protective about breastfeeding and then advocates, sometimes a little over the top. Be confident that you are a good mom, giving your child the most important gift ever, your time and love.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Why do moms on here all have to take sides like a bunch of petulant seventh graders?
    Anonymous