Pregnacy the second time around

Was it different for you emotionally? Were you less excited, less into the pregnancy? Did it feel like you just didn't care as much even though that wasn't the case at all? I'm pregnant with my second baby and I just feel so odd, like I'm not really pregnant and I don't think about it, I don't talk about it, it's just kind of nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The second time around. You just know what to execpt, that's all. Just like after the baby is born.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• A little bit, but I'm only 7 weeks and I think it may be because I don't really feel pregnant! Idk, I have morning sickness and huge bb's but I just don't feel pregnant. Maybe when you get a bigger belly it will be more exciting. I know it will be for me :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 8:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• im 28 weeks preg with my second and im the same hun i don't really think much about being preg but with my first it was all i could think about i think its because im to busy running around after my daughter to even remember that im preg again.
    whyallasamum

Answer by whyallasamum at 9:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I was really excited the second time. My first pregnancy was not good for many reasons. With my 2nd, it was completely different, because DH and I tried for 5 years to get pregnant. We consider our son a miracle baby!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:33 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I'm 33 weeks with out second. I was just as excited to be pregnant this time around. The differences were it has been much harder on my body, and I've not been able to sit around and enjoy being pregnant because I have a 22 month old, work and am in school.
    Each person reacts differently to pregnancy, don't make the mistake of comparing yourself to anyone else or to those "magazine ads" of other pregnant women. Don't feel guilty. As long as you're taking care of yourself and your body, that's what's important. I know a lot of women that don't love being pregnant, simply love being moms.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 9:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i feel the same way this is my second pregnancy(16 weeks) and im just not as excited i guess or im just so caught up in taking care of my first child 15mos now that i dont have time to think about it so much. i just think when i find out what the baby is it gets a little more exciting and i can actually do some planning. i asked a few family members and they felt the same way, its just not new anymore, and you know what to expect.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child and I think I'm a little more excited this time than I was with our first. We had our first son a a really young age...so it wasn't exciting for anyone at first because everyone felt like we ruined our lives. This time around, we've been married for 3 years, own a home, and are financially stable. We have only told our parents (until after our first doc appointment) and they are all so excited! I feel like this time around I can appreciate my pregnancy a little more. With the first I didn't fully understand what a blessing it was to be able to have children and be pregnant. And my husband feels the same way, of course we were excited for our first, but we kind of know what to expect now. And we can both just kind of relax and enjoy it! But everyone feels differently about each pregnancy!
    Anonymous