Is this too many kids?

We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy ( he's the youngest) ages 2, 4, 5, and 9. We're playing with the idea of having another NOW, only because we want another boy And I'm 38 which means I don't have much time left. We're pretty stable financially , but mine and DH's families say we're crazy for wanting any more kids. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think Five is a perfect number.bouncing mom

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I thnk if you have the pacients and money to take care of them keep having babies to your hearts content!!! :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think 5 will be enough.
    manifer_momma

Answer by manifer_momma at 8:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• If you can take care of them, go for it
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 9:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Honestly, not sure why anyone should have a say-so except you and DH, as only you & DH know if you are emotionally ready to add another child to your family (as well as financially), so if this is what you & DH want, then go for it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Who cares what we think. If you want another one, have another one!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• no, there's nothing wrong with that. You kind of know when your "done" having kids. I'm preg with #4 and we know after this one we won't be having anymore. If you still feel your supposed to have another, then go for it! But...just so you know...look down the road to when thier in HS and your...50....54ish....will you be able to keep up? lol My mom had my sis when she was 40 and she's so tired...she can't keep up with a teenager! lol
    It's all between you, your spouse and Heavenly Father...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• If something would happen to your husband, would you be able to handle it all on your own?

Fiances do change.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• If you want 5, can handle 5, and take care of 5, then have 5. I grew up in a family of 5 (plus a bunch of foster kids so as many as 8 kids at a time) and hated it, but I'm sure you'll do better than my parents.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• It's up to you... for ME it's too many kids. And having another just to have another boy is silly... who's to say he won't be a SHE?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2010