Kids beliefs.

My Children woke up to find baskets with peeps and goodie filled eggs. They ran up the stairs to show us the basket and inform us that because there where birds in the baskets they came from fairies. It was so cute we have never really talked to them about fairies or any thing along those lines.
What kind of beliefs do your children have that you have never talked to them about?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My kids believe in, Santa, Easter Bunny, Fairies, Cupid, Angels, ext., My Aunt and I are very big on imagination, and we both believe in most things with the obvious except of Santa,ext. you know obvious imagination. We believe most things either exist or have once. I encourage my kids to believe it now because they are young, and whether they believe it later or not is up to them. However for now I encourage there imagination.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I tell my kids the truth. There is no such thing as the E bunny, santa, and so on. Kids learn that those things are lies soon enough so I refuse to lie to them. Otherwise i feel I am teaching them that it is ok to lie and it is not. Not only that but those things are celebrations against Yahweh and I am not going to teach them to do that if I can help it. Yahweh bless
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I tell my children the truth too. DS2 asked me yesterday during and egg hunt how come we dont get to see the easter bunny. Once we were away from the other children i told them the same thing that i tell them about Santa. And, just like they did with Santa, both my boys agreed to believe in the Easter Bunny anyways. ...and that's their choice. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i also dont encourage the easter bunny tooth fairy santa.... when kids find out you have been lying to them they will assume that God and Jesus is just like the easterbunny... a lie. so we avoid it...

as far as if they come to a cute conclusion on there own about how somehting happened (the mystery easter baskets or presents under the tree) i simply let them know that mommy and daddy got them for them because we love them.
    Anonymous

That is not true no body I have ever known has come to that conclusion it all depends How you word your explanation!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree with those saying lying about the Easter Bunny and so on can interfere with their relationship with Jesus.
    Anonymous

• Ahhh yes we did the easter bunny and santa for awhile too. Then dd just outgrew them. No harm done. My boys really don't care so not an issue with them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I personally love that my children use their imaginations to dream of fairies and the like. Since their father and I are not christian there really is no religious reason for us to tell them they are wrong.

Was just hoping to share the cute things kids imagine and believe on their own.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My 9 yr old just this yr has realized that we are his mythical gift givers... whining....
    But we raised him to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Fairies (which he still believes still exist)
    oh and the tooth fairy...
    He doesn't think we lied to him, he now realizes that we were allowing him to be a little boy with an imagination...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

Believing in these childhood things if told right would (if your faith is true enough) not interfer with your Jesus...
    I don't have to worry about that... I told my 9 yr old about a man named Jesus, but that to him and me has nothing
    to do with his beliefs in these mythical beings... it's all about being a child ..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2010