Am I the only one who thinks belly casts of your pregnancy are weird?

And what the heck do you do with them after they're made? They certainly wouldn't go with any of the decor in my house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have just one question, WHY? That is disgusting. Anyway, a lady came into our store and offered to paint our pregnant stylist's tummy for her. She showed us pictures of stuff she had did. Not only was she just plain weird, but kind of creepy too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think things like this are so neat. To eachs own? It is a memory keep sake. With each pregnancy you could compare the shape and size. oh well, thats just me.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You paint them and hang them in a nursery or something similar. I don't find them creepy at all. And I absolutely don't get how it's disgusting - it's a paper mache cast of a pregnant belly. I've seen some BEAUTIFUL ones, and some really beautiful belly paintings too.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't get one done either. I did not feel glorious and beautiful when I was pregnant with my big belly serving as a shelf to hold my saggy boobs up.
    Anonymous

• I think they're really neat too. What in the world is disgusting about a pregnant belly? Some people on this site are so strange. Pictures just don't do justice for how HUGE my belly was when I was pregnant. I wish I would have had one done, so that my daughter could see how big my belly was while she was growing in it. I think it's a beautiful thing.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• We had our guests write messages to the baby on the inside of the cast. My husband had painted the outside & hung all the ultrasound pics from the bottom. We hung it from a pretty ribbon in his room. I think it would be weird if someone else did the cast but it was fun memory to make with my husband.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2010