How can i find someone that im looking for?

My husband had a son about 20 years ago and he was places for adoption and we are trying to find him. the birth morth knows where he is but will not tell my husband. it was an open adoption. but my husband never got anything from it, pictures, visits or anything. and he really wants to find his son. the boy is almost 20 years old. we know that his first and middle name is alexander joseph and he was born july 26, 1990. in columbus, NE or omaha, NE. but we think it was columbus. we have been trying to find him but dont know where else to look. if anybody has any ideas we would be very greatful for the help.

Dlchik

Asked by Dlchik at 10:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Adoption

• There are agencies that help find people like this. Try googling them. They are free. You can also call an adoption agency and ask him what recourse you have. If all fails, contact a father's rights group and get them to help you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Wow, that's not too far from me. Did he sign papers, releasing his rights? If not, contact a lawyer. Umm...you could try calling the hospitals there, but it would be a few of them and I don't honestly know how much info you'd get...does he know what adoption agency the birthmom went through? I know of one that has branches and I'm pretty sure they have one in Omaha...hmm, I'm wracking my brain, as I've seen a few people over the years try to find their birthparents but I can't remember what they all did and I'm not sure if you'd be able to do the same stuff...I'd definitely start with an adoption agency, especially in the Omaha area.
    Anonymous

• Try checking the births in the newspapers during that time frame. You might just be able to find him that way. You can also put an ad in the paper listing just the basics and a "throw away" cell phone to call. That would give him the option to call you if he reads it. Yes it's a long shot but it would be worth it to try.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Check the adoption search resource group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065 

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• myface and facebook. look up emails and court files. there open to the public, thats how my father found me i was lookin for him and he found out that i wanted to see him. my friend and her hubbie found his sister on facebook. take the name make a site and start looking. make some posts like what you did here if some one esle how knows him sees it he will fallow soon. and if he wasnts to know and most likly he dose he will find you too.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 10:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010