when can you curl a babies hair?

what age is appropriate to curl a babies hair?? my DD is 15 months old and her hair is at such an akward stage but I dont want to cut it..I wanna let it grow..im trying to fix her hair for her easter dress...and when I say curl I dont mean with a curling iron...I would use those little foam curlers that dont require heat..I just wanna curl her bangs to the side and get them out of her face..she hates hairbows and rips them right out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nothing wrong with using those now. That would be cute, hopefully she'll leave them in long enough to get a little curl going on.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I may be late on this, but my daughter was bald around her whole head except the top... it was about 4 inches long and just stick straight up. We're native american and my Mom says it was indian baby hair. Anyway... I started using a foam curler when she was probably 6 mos. It was super cute in a little top know pony tail with a bow. :-)
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yeah, the foam curlers are fine for any age....if she'll let you! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would do it now Just make sure to keep toys and fun things in her lap to keep her sitting still
    Anonymous

• She's old enough =)

I would say if you were going to use heat to wait til she's old enough to sit still, but those that don't use heat should be just fine. I wish my DD's hair was long enough to do that, but she cut it all off herself over a year ago and its just now growing out again. Oh she's 5 btw.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2010