what would u do if your hubby wanted to go out ALL the time???

mine is young and he does work very hard so i usually dont complain too much when he wants to go out. he will go to a friends at least twice a week, while i on the other hand virtually never see my friends and cant go anywhere without my kids on my hip. when he is home, he is so tired from working and hanging out etc that he is not much help at home, only a few days will he even leave the couch to play with the kids. he is uninterested in sex he is fine with 5 minutes of sex every few weeks and i am not. but he is wanting to not only go to his friends but he wants to go to nightclubs too and he gets MAD when i say that i want him to be home with me. he went out friday night to a friends house til 1 am, and when i got off saturday night at 10:30 he wanted to drop me off at home so he and his friends could go out. he says im trying to control his life if i dont let him go....am i going something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I am sorry to say your DH sounds like an ass. He doesn't seem to respect you at all. If I were you I'd go out one day. Let him come home and just say "I'm going out." That's it, just go. He can be a DAD to his kids while YOU get a break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Then you tell him you're getting a sitter and YOU are going to go out without him! When the shoe's on the other foot it usually doesn't feel very good in these situations. He may be young, but that's no excuse to go out all the time. He has a family and priorities, they should ALWAYS come first. Insist on going out as a couple only, or you will be going out on your own as well.. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:50 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would realize I married the wrong man and ask him to cut the b.s. and act like a real husband.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• He's incredibly selfish and quite possibly cheating on you. Find out where he intends to be and stop in or drive by to check on him. Go out with him at the last minute, see what happens. Are his friends single? or having issues or cheat on their SOs? My ex used to tell me things like that and turns out he was just like his buddies.

He should be allowed time to himself, but he can't ignore his duties to be a father and husband. He should enjoy spending time with his family, it seems more like a hassle.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Wow, he sounds like an ass. The only thing I can see that you are doing wrong is staying with him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You're not wrong, he is. There is zero reason for him to go out so much and leave you stuck with every shred of responsibility. You need to have a serious talk with him before you take the advice of everyone else who is going on about leaving. If he is unwilling to change and you want to go, then do that. Life is too short to be miserable.
    Anonymous

• He is acting like he is single, going out all the time. And it sounds like he is getting sex from someone else. He is young? He should be wanting it all the time. Are the kid/s you are referring to yours or both of yours?

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You're not wrong, he is. There is zero reason for him to go out so much and leave you stuck with every shred of responsibility. You need to have a serious talk with him before you take the advice of everyone else who is going on about leaving. If he is unwilling to change and you want to go, then do that. Life is too short to be miserable

i agree with this anon.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Something just doesn't sound right. He shouldn't be going out all the time. He should realize that he needs to be home. I don't know any man that is okay with only 5 minutes of sex every couple of weeks. That's not normal. Is this recent? Sounds to me like it's not really "friends" that he is hanging out with. It's possible he is seeing someone else on the side, and that's why he isn't wanting sex anymore. I would tell him if he doesn't shape up, to get the hell out. You might as well be a single parent at this point anyways. He isn't being much help.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 2:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2010