Please Help with my Deviled Eggs.

Okay. I still have time to make another batch.
How do I get the yolk centered in the egg?
How do I boil them properly so they don't turn out with the grayish ring around the yolk?
What are the exact measurements for the filling? My filling was too runny and I had left over filling-what do you do with it?
TIA

QandA

Asked by QandA at 12:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i usually roll the eggs around while boiling so the yolk can be centered or at least close enough. once the water boils I usually cover it, turn off the heat and let sit for about 8 minutes. I scoop out the yolk and add enough mayo and sour cream to make it like an egg salad consistancy (not too much, not too little), and add a teaspoon of the spices (mustard seed, salt and pepper), put it back in the eggs and sprinkle w/ paprika!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You can use a ziploc bag and cut the very tip off. I don't have a recipe or exact measurements as I just throw mine together, but here I found this recipe which is similar to mine, except I sprinkle paprika on the top for color.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Easy-Deviled-Eggs-7728

Good luck!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Deviled-Eggs-48153

Here's one that's a little different and more descriptive.  Hope these help!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You pile the filling up on top - it's not supposed to be level, it's supposed to be a mound. No such thing as extra filling! You're not going to get the yolks right in the middle every time either.
    Anonymous