Does anyone know anything about the Curves promotions?

I ask because I am thinking about trying them out. The only thing is when I called to find out more about there promotions they didn't seem to want to tell me anything over the phone just to get me in there. Does anyone know anything about there promotions? Is it really $30 for 30 days or do you really get a week for free with the week free pass? Or are there hidden costs that they tell you about when they get you in there? Basically what can I expect to pay to try them out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My best friend owns 3 curves. The franchise does teach the owners to get potential members in to show them how it works, because potential members are more likely to sign up, if they see it in person. That's how they stay in business! I am not completely clear on how all the promos work, but just ask those questions. they will (at least my friend does) give you a free workout to try it out, no strings attached, but they will try to sell you the membership when you're done. If you're not sure, just say no thank you. Its a good workout, if you are just starting out and its a very social environment. I believe they're honest in what they're selling because my bf is not one who is out to get people and wouldn't own a business that wasn't honest.
    Anonymous

• I am thinking about going to curves to and those are great questions. Maybe they have a website that they have info on.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• March they had a promotion that if you brought in a bag of food you got 30 days free. I'm not sure about the promotion this month. There is also a promotion going on with Avon that if you order any Curves items you get two weeks for free. I sell Avon and I have a ton of the 2 weeks free things. You may be able to ask a Avon lady if she has extras. You don't have to pay anything to go with those. I've used one (and hated the place) but I wasn't out any money. It really is free if it says free but they will try to get you to get a membership.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2010