Is it wrong to indulge children's...

belief in Mythical creatures, Sants, the Easter bunny? I mean don't some religions belief fairies exist so is it really so wrong? Even if they don't exist isn't it good to encourage creative thinking and imagination? Besides which what if you found out tomorrow none of the deity we believe truly exist. By teaching your child they do isn't that the same as allowing them a childhood believing in Santa, ext. Why would you choose to deny them the same childlike dreams other children get? Is that not depriving them the right to a belief life is peaceful even if it's only for a few years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some parents deprived kids from these things because the same parents have forgotten what being a kids was all about. How quickly we forget that we were kids too.
    Anonymous

• I feel we shouldn't take things so serious... What one family does may not fit another, but who cares really.. As long as all of our children are Happy and Healthy, and have things in moderation, I say why not have some imaginary fun??
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I dont think its wrong :) its FUN
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Some beleive indulging in these things would be liying, I for one think that the days of innocence and imagination go by so quickly that it would be wrong to deny them the fantasy.

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I prefer to teach them about Yahweh, and his son Yahshua the Messiah. Yahweh bless

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No not unless it interferes with their daily lives.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• is this another, "why not just believe in God, just in case?" question op?

anyways, here's my answer:
    teaching your kids to be creative and imaginative, is fine. Believing in things you know actually have a historical story behind them, isn't so bad. So long as little by little you give them into the truth. You don't need your child going too far into a fantasy world, that they can't tell the difference from reality vs fiction. Stories do teach you things. And sometimes explaining that a furry bunny left you some eggs, is a lot easier than explaining about this being a season of fertility and rebirth (a furry bunny and some eggs is a more age appropriate story, than say the birds and the bees, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, it's not wrong. Kids deserve to be kids, they will have to live in the real world soon enough. Let hem be kids!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with encouraging those beliefs & encouraging them to examine what the true nature of such things are, why some people would believe in them, and others not, and so on.
    Anonymous