Ok I don't know where to ask this.... Has to do with bugs... Please help!

A couple months ago a lady I use to sit for brought cock roaches in my apt. I mean a serious issue her diaper bag was full of them. I have finally gotten it down to only a few little ones, with lots of bait and bleach. Now I have carcases from them all over which I am cleaning up . My issue though I can't think of how to clean my toaster and coffee maker. Right now I'm dying for a cup of coffee. Any suggestions?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• White vinegar to clean & disinfect. Put a cup or so in the water hold, fill it with water, and run it. Do it a couple times (new water & vinegar each time). Then run a couple of plain water cycles through it.

Wal-Mart has decent coffee makers for cheap, I've seen a little 4-cup for under $10. My Black & Decker cost $15 there, on sale, full-size.
    Anonymous

• Get a new one. Yuck. I once used a public vending machine for coffee and had a bug floating in my cup. Double yuck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

Ya that was my first thought, but we don't have the money. DH says get it clean or go with out. I'm a crab with out my coffee. A friends been bringing me one from her house every morning so I haven't had to worry. Her schedule changed thought so now I wont see until aruond eight at night. Thank you for trying to help. I know it's gross I'm terrified of bugs, I was so pissed when she brought them here, and I mean the whole bag was covered in them the last time she came.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• :/ My coffee machine cost 8 bucks lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• :/ My coffee machine cost 8 bucks lol

Really I haven't found any thing here under 30. Where did you find one that cheap?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Wal-Mart has decent coffee makers for cheap, I've seen a little 4-cup for under $10. My Black & Decker cost $15 there, on sale, full-size.

Thanks
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Walmart :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Okay...the coffee maker is easy....some white vinegar and water and run it like you would a regular coffee pot. Then wash the pot out and run just water only through about 2 pots to get rid of the vinegar taste. The toaster oven.....if it has a crumb tray, clean it with a wet wipe while it is unplugged. Otherwise, take a couple of pieces of toast that you aren't going to eat and run through a toast cycle for the longest darkest setting. Wipe the outside off really good with wet wipes or other cleaner for both.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Bleach, run it through it than run hot water through poof good as new.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 5:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2010