Help with teething relief for a 5 month old

My son is 5 months, been teething since 3 months. It has been horrible for the past few weeks. We've tried baby Tylenol, teething tablets, frozen wash cloth, cold teethers... I don't know what else to do but he has been crying 24/7 so I need some new ideas!! Any advice is appreciated!

(He has just started eating a tiny bit of cereal.. doesn't really like it.. and isn't on any real food or baby food yet)

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 1:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby oragel. SP?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Try teething drops
    Anonymous

• vibrating teether might be soothing too or just rubbing the gums with your finger with a cool wet wash cloth
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• the vib teething works well, but my daughter was unbarable!!! had 4 teeth comen in at once, i cryed bc i felt so bad. finnally my husband dipd his pinky in rum and rubbed it on the gums, and she was grea for weeks after , the teeth came in and she was fine. i wouldnt do it more then once though. i was so against it but it really workd
    Anonymous