what is the longest colic can last?

some people have said 3 months, i've heard 7 months, 8 months.. is there a deadline where it WILL stop? i'm going NUTS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just remember, it WILL END! My son had colic, was allergic to milk and also had reflux = fussy ALL the time. Things improved greatly after we switched him to Nutramigen ($$$) and he was prescribed Zantac for the reflux. We also put gas drops in every bottle. Some moms swear by gripe water. Google "The Happiest Baby on the Block" -- the soothing technique helped us greatly. Good luck mama!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• OP- my son is 5 months, btw
    Anonymous

• i have always heard approx 3 months but if yours still is colic then maybe longer...some babies just take longer to adjust. You might look into his breastmilk/formula intake and see if maybe that is affecting his tummy. Gripe Water is suppose to help with colic babies, gassy babies and even teething and upset tummies...It worked wonders for my son. You can get it at local drug stores such as walgreens. Good luck hun
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Colic does not last beyond the 4th month. Besides, colic is just a way of saying that a baby cries a lot and no one knows why.

You need to figure out what's going on with your baby. Perhaps if you gave us some details we could help.
    Anonymous

• my son had colic and I got Dr. Browns bottles and it worked miracles
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 6:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• my daughter is 3 months now and still has colic, we are on simalic aluimuim. its pricy but unestly it worked out great. between that and the gas drops also work great. i tryed the gripe water, my daughter didnt like it unfornually.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and the longest I've heard babies showing colicky syptoms (maybe not true colic) was 6 months....
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2010