Round ligament pain... any way to make it better?

I'm 22 weeks with my second baby. I just got back from a mile walk with my husband and daughter and now I remember why I didn't like to walk in later pregnancy with my daugher lol. My round ligaments are killing me! It makes walking REALLY uncomfortable, often painful. With my daughter I just stopped walking around 28 weeks cuz it was so miserable. I would really like to continue walking with this one.

If I push through the discomfort or pain, will my ligaments get stronger and stop hurting? Is there an exercise I can do to strengthen them? It's so beautiful outside, I don't want to end up not going out because of dumb ligament pain!

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try some rest and water. Maybe tylenol if it doesn't feel better shortly. Try prenatal yoga and always stretch a little before walking.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You need a support belt. If you're having ligament pain, never go walking without wearing it. You also may need to shorten your walks and make sure you aren't making them to fat. Doing more will not make the ligaments stronger during pregnancy. It will most likely result in an injury. Just do lite walks while wearing a support belt and be sure to drink lots of water. I found prenatal pilates (bought a video off of Amazon) to be a lot more comfortable than prenatal yoga.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010