- Prov 13:24: "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes (diligently)."
- Prov 19:18: "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."
- Prov 22:15: "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."
- Prov 23:13: "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."
- Prov 23:14: "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell (Shoel)."
- Prov 29:15: "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."
So the bible says to spank. Some people say we are misinturperating it but it seems pretty clear to me that it says too.. but sometimes it still feels wrong. This is where I am having a problem, I dont know if its my big mommy heart not wanting to see my toddler disciplined or what?
Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)
Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by missanc at 4:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by myheartx4 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Read this article - very informative on what 'child' should mean in the English version of the Bible
Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by StellarJKD at 9:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2010
Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2010