Slaves wont be saved?

I am a seventh day adventist and was just reading Ellen G Whites works and came across where she says that slaves who were kept ignorant of God wont be raised at all. They won't be able to go to heaven but they wont be raised unto the judgement of death. It wasn't their fault...their masters kept them ignorant. So also what about God's promise to those who we cannot reach God will show himself to them?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who is Ellen G White and why does she hold the truth for you?
    Anonymous

• It does not mean that. It is referring to slaves of worldly things, Like money, alave to religion, More or less don't allow your self to be slaved to something you CAN prevent! Good luck with this.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• according to the Bible all those in the Memorial tombs will be resurrected Righteous( like Abel, Noah...ect...) to life and Unrighteous (those who didn't know God or have the chance to take a stand for Him) to learn about God during Christs 1000 year reign and at the end when Satan is loosed to make that choice.
    so why would a God of Justice let imperfect men to set who gets resurrected or not?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Oh, I wanted to add that according to Romans 6:23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

not eternal Hellfire....) The apostle Paul states that the person who dies is “acquitted [form of di‧kai‧o′o] from his sin,” having paid the penalty of death.—Ro 6:7,.

So at their Resurrection people will not be judged by their actions before they died but by what they do after they are Resurrected....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I do not believe she was or is a prophetess. If she were she would know the truth, and have love for all of Yahweh's people regardless of color. Yahweh bless

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• All will be raised--either in the first resurrection or the second one.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• get rid of that book ... Ellen G White is considered a false prophet.
    The bible holds the ultimate truth and if slaves accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior then yes they are saved.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree with Shaneagle777, I have heard of many things that woman has said that are totally NOT biblical in any way shape or form. I would throw that book away.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• But the slaves were kept ignorant of God, on purpose of their masters... So they could not have known God. ALthough I think he got through to them :) But it seems God's prophet didn't think so...
    Anonymous

• Shane EGW did talk about people discrediting her...she said that there would be a great falling away or shaking if you will and that she would be talked against as a false prophet. So she foresaw this so how can I not listen to her? Since she is a prophet of God her works should be a part of everyone's bible.
    Anonymous