A lot of mucus in my vagina??

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I have a lot of mucus comig out my vagina what could it be?? It is something I have to be worry about some advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LMAO, I think its normal. call ur doctor if ur worried!!! maybe u have a yeast infection or something. not sure hun
    Anonymous

• not going to laugh at you, no such thing as a dumb question(slaps anon 3:35....during preg and especially at the beginning, its completely normal hon. if you are worried it is your plug or something, its not, just the changes in your body. now iff there is any cramping or bleeding call your doc...but otherwise you are just fine mama. hang in there (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• It's most likely normal. During pregnancy your vagina will do alot of things that will seem odd. Alot of discharge is normal. But there is always a chance of infections! So if you think it's a little too odd, then call a doctor.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 4:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Vaginas are mucous membranes so mucous coming out at any time is generally normal. If you are worried talk to your doctor.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Probably normal. If it has an unusual odor it could be an infection. If it's slimy, good. If it's watery, not good. I had that at 32 weeks and it turned out to be a membrane leak. Everything turned out just fine, though.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree, it's normal. Pregnancy causes all kinds of funky things to occur. Hormones from pregnancy, menstruation, and a number of other things can cause an excess of mucous. However, if it has an offensive odor, that's a good indication that you have some sort of pelvic infection, UTI, yeast, etc. If you are experiencing any painful urination, burning, itching or a foul odor along with your excessive discharge then I'd see a doctor ASAP, infections can be harmful during pregnancy, and in reality at any time in a woman's life. good luck deary!
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 9:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2010